The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Arrow advise please...

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  arrowhead 
#1 ·
I will be picking up my new Parker Tornado soon. I was wondering what you all are shooting? I like Carbon but with a X-bow sized arrow I think alumm 2219 would have more KE...? What ya think?

Thanks Koz

#3 ·
I have a tornado, Victory x-bolts, 20 inch, 110 gr insert, moon nocks, 2 inch fusion vanes, weigh 417 gr with a 100 gr slick trick broadhead. foc is around 18%, Shoots vg from every cb we shot them from. Parker manual wants a 11/32 diameter shaft. Too bad you are so far away. could try mine.
Good luck, Stant

#7 ·
If you are thinking about using Gold Tips, I would start with the new Kinetic shafts. They should be a good starting point in the Parker. I haven't tested them yet and can't say what they will do, but I suspect they should do well. We shot the Gold Tip Laser II's all last summer and had no problems with them, they are a very accurate arrow.

The Victory shafts, inserts and moons are going to be $55. These were the most accurate arrow we tested in the Parker Tornado.

#8 ·
arrowhead said:
The Victory shafts, inserts and moons are going to be $55. These were the most accurate arrow we tested in the Parker Tornado.
Those are the BOMB! I helped test these out(when the weather cooperated) and they are by far the best I've shot.

AH, is that price for 1/2 dozen or full?

#9 ·
arrowhead said:
If you are thinking about using Gold Tips, I would start with the new Kinetic shafts. They should be a good starting point in the Parker. I haven't tested them yet and can't say what they will do, but I suspect they should do well. We shot the Gold Tip Laser II's all last summer and had no problems with them, they are a very accurate arrow.

Glad you said that I just bought some to try this year with my Parker.. Never seen what you CAN'T use.. Thanks for the piece of mind

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.