The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind or make arm guard do you use?

See some have straps and some you just slip over your arm that are elastic (like a sock). I currently use one that is like a piece of cardboard with three velcro straps. I had tried a style that you slip over your arm but I wasn't able to get it over my arm. They are supposed to fit tight but this was too tight.

Interested in hearing what others use. I know some people don't have the problem with hitting there arm and I don't shooting with a t-shirt or sweatshirt but when I start wearing heavier clothing I worry so I use an arm guard.

·
Registered
187 Posts
If I'm target shooting with a tshirt on I'll throw one on just to be safe. Its kinda cardboard like with 5 straps that go around my arm. I don't think I've ever actually wore one while hunting though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I do not wear one. If I'm wearing a bulky jacket, just wrap a hair tie around it, OR take an old sock (preferably brown, green or black,) and cut off the toe area. Voila! A cheap quick fix.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
I only wear one while I'm hunting to keep my jacket sleeve nice and tight to my arm.if your hitting your arm a lot,there's probably a problem with your shooting form.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I actually use military boot socks to hold my jacket tight to my arm and if i harvest a deer i can take it off to clean my hands and knife. Im serious.
if you are using one because you hit your arm all the time, then you are holding your bow wrong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts