The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking for some land to hunt in area 2A, preferably in Greene County, but basically any land will do at all. any land that is open to the public will do, but i would really like someplace that doesnt see many hunters and is pretty good for success. i plan to hunt small game this fall, possibly the early muzzleloader season, and probably the first week or two of regular season. any help is appreciated.

thanks,
Micah

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
And if you are looking for more options, shoot me one.

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
You may have too many PM's in your box. Delete some.

·
Registered
38 Posts
i would also be interested in some info on land to hunt in greene co. public or not for archery seasons. thank you

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
I have an antlerless tag for 2A also and if Fayette doesn't produce would like to find a place. I have a heart condition so can't hunt any areas that aretoo rough. I am willing to share any deer I harvest.

Thanks

·
Registered
465 Posts
yeah there are still some lft in 2a. hillman park has alot of land thats all game lands. this is the area near post gazette pavillion, i do alot of hunting out there.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ps-i am also looking for someone to take deer i harvest down here. its 2.5 hrs to home, and with going to college, that isnt always possible. so, if your looking for some meat, let me know.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
13,000 + tags left. Over the counter sales start Nov 2

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i went looking through SGL 237 i believe it was (or whatever one is SW of waynesburg). let me tell ya, its nothing like up home. there wasnt a hemlock bottom to be found. looks like the .270 might come in handy for some long shooting. from the looks of things though, once the kill is made is gonna be the worst part.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
nice food plots on the gamelands in Taylorwtown and no many hunt it from what I hear- I don't know the sgl number

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
checked out SGL 179 today, and i think thats probably where im gonna be hunting. its the most like the cover and terrain im used to at home. idk as if im ever gonna get used to some of the things yall call roads though. haha.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts