The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
I mostly shoot indoor archery this time of year. If you plan on hunting out of state this is the time of year to start planning.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I am always thinking about next season. Bowhunting is on my mind more than anything. I still have cams out, and plan on doing some scouting on new properties to me. I am also trying to get more into big woods bowhunting next year. That requires a lot of effort to scout for miles and miles to find a half decent spot that hasn't been hunted much. A public big woods P & Y is my goal next year.

We already added 3 buck to our hit list for next year since late archery closed. All 3 were different buck in the 120" range that were spotted within a half mile of each other on our private suburban property. Hopefully 2 of the 3 survive and hopefully at least 1 is a shooter next year.

Never really got into the winter league shooting. I get much more satisfaction out of scouting and the actual hunt than shooting 3d targets or a screen.

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
I am glad deer season is over. Those special breeds of people go back into hiding for another 9 months. I will think about predators for the next month, then I can't wait for turkey to open! I used to get disappointed the second my tags were filled, now I welcome the off-season for deer. Of course I get excited as the start nears.

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
Got some new stands ordered and have a date set in March already to get them set up and some shooting lanes cleared for next fall. Preparation is a big part of my hunts.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I'm always thinking about next season....Just checked some cams last night they had a nice amount of deer and a few bucks but nothing large

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
I got turkey on the brain right now, but when I'm scouting/ hunting for turkeys I'm also scouting and making note of good buck sign and visa versa.

·
Registered
9,505 Posts
Yep ! Thinking about turkey season and archery season. Been trying to decide on how I am going to use my vacation days this year all week.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Ohhh yeah I am thinking about next season. I am going to start running some cams in the near future which is a first for me. I bet that will help me learn something and also get me a little more excited for the archery opener.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Definitely, after missing a large chunk of archery because of rotator surgery. Can't wait to be able to shoot my verticle bow again. Missed 18 mornings because of PT. Got a decent buck first Sat. of rifle. Hopefully I'll be able to handle the shotgun by spring gobbler.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Cams have been out for a few weeks now. Already plotting new stand locations.
Planning food plots.
Ready to shed hunt, I have had a few promising candidates for this show up on the cams and hope to find their antlers.

So yes, I am thinking of next season... I was thinking about next season while in the stand this season..

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
Never a time when I'm NOT thinking about it. I'll be out chasing treerats this weekend, and will be on the lookout for tracks and trails. Hiking, trout fishing, mushroom hunting, simply taking the wife for an ice cream cone are all excuses to be out and about keeping an eye out for deer signs or sightings.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
I'm still thinking about this season. I've got today and next week to go. I hunt a lot, and to be truthful, by the time the season is over I'm tired, and ready for it to be over. I'll lay low and start thinking about next season soon enough. I have a trail camera out all year long, and if I'm seeing some bucks that made it through, I'll be excited for next season, I'll be looking for sheds next month and will be anxious to see new antler growth in the late spring. But as for now, I will be needing a break.

·
Super Moderator
13,803 Posts
I was thinking about next season pretty much all of this season. When I am out there hunting and see good sign I am always planning where the best stand locations are likely to be. I have hunted grouse and pheasants since deer season ended and much of that time has been spent scouting deer sign for next season.

I never stop thinking about the future hunting opportunities and locations.

Dick Bodenhorn

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Yes. Making turkey calls for many others next season. Still have some traps working now. Planning next seasons trapline.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Started thinking about next Archery season probably as I was trying the tag on my buck this past season.

But right now it's ALL about APRIL !!!!!

·
Registered
6,769 Posts
Since the bottom fell out of deer, soul searching this time of year is a sport in itself.

Contemplating letting deer hunting go dormant in the presence of my small game revival, along with a new frontier for me...predator trapping.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts