·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its a hockey night in Pittsburgh!...

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Yup-he did. I'd still prefer Engelland over either of those two pansys. But hey, it's not as if Power Play goals are common in these parts, so I'll take it. My hope this season is to have more power play goals than fights, and I am hoping that the fight numbers stay the same as they were pre Islander sideshow.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
I'd have been happier if he had done something, ANYTHING AT ALL, in the seven games against TB. Instead, he played weak offense, but made up for it by playing soft, porous defense. And he got dominated in a fight by Sidney Crosby. I love Sid, but Bob Probert he ain't.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
Crap! Didn't know they were playing. I caught the last couple minutes of it. But hey, they won!

·
Registered
7,703 Posts
They play tomorrow too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
4,245 Posts
I think Geno played a good game and I have been predicting since his surgery that he would come back and probably have a career year.

I think surgery on that knee was just what he needed, that way he was forced to rest both knees and come back at 100%.

It is only one preseason game but they looked good. We should be in for another good season. I am already wondering what Shero will do at the trade deadline.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Two things:

1)Morrow looked fantastic, so strong on his skates for an 18 year old..... now lets see how Harrington looks tonight.

2)Nice to see Geno Finally win a faceoff

rosters for the game tonight...

PENGUINS

Forwards
10 Mark Letestu
11 Jordan Staal
19 Jason Williams
24 Matt Cooke
25 Eric Tangradi
27 Craig Adams
28 Nick Johnson
33 Steve MacIntyre
42 Keven Veilleux
48 Tyler Kennedy
51 Zach Sill
69 Bryan Lerg

Defensemen
4 Zbynek Michalek
5 Deryk Engelland
6 Ben Lovejoy
37 Brian Strait
54 Alexandre Picard
78 Scott Harrington

Goaltenders
1 Brent Johnson
30 Scott Munroe

·
Registered
20,668 Posts
Malkin did look pretty good. Hope we see this type of game consistently from him throughout the year.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
I'm excited to see Engelland back on the ice, and to see what MacIntyre can "contribute".

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
Nice win by thge Pens tonight. Staal with two goals. I bet Mr. Castle is just thrilled the object of his affection, the center of his universe, his avatar, Matt Cooke, tallied a goal tonight as well.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Buckethead said:
Nice win by thge Pens tonight. Staal with two goals. I bet Mr. Castle is just thrilled the object of his affection, the center of his universe, his avatar, Matt Cooke, tallied a goal tonight as well.
I think what has been lost in his affection for Cookie is that he made a wager with Possum on the PSU/Temple game, which IIRC will go into effect on Saturday. On a related note, I think that, because of some of the other, more publicized stuff he's been involved in, people forget that Cooke is actually a pretty darn good HOCKEY player. He's not just some no talent goon. He's a world class penalty killer, has decent hands, does the things that nobody else wants to do, and gives 100% every shift, every night

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
Its fun to laugh at DC now, but the second I found out he was owned by a Britt, I couldn't hate on him any more.

·
Registered
20,668 Posts
steelerfan58 said:
Buckethead said:
I think what has been lost in his affection for Cookie is that he made a wager with Possum on the PSU/Temple game, which IIRC will go into effect on Saturday. On a related note, I think that, because of some of the other, more publicized stuff he's been involved in, people forget that Cooke is actually a pretty darn good HOCKEY player. He's not just some no talent goon. He's a world class penalty killer, has decent hands, does the things that nobody else wants to do, and gives 100% every shift, every night
That's what Dan hates about him. That and he's not a Flyer.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts