The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a new ARE cap for my 2017 Silverado and had windoors with screens and a drop down slider installed. Leaks like a sieve. I know a bunch of folks in the field trial community that have the same cap, and don't seem to have the same problem.
anybody else finding this in the new ARE caps?
Thanks

·
Registered
912 Posts
I have the same cap as you. Mine leaks just a little where the cap and bed meet. They intaller did tell me that it might leak there. It has not been a problem. Maybe a cup of water leaks in after driving in the rain.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
I have one for my 2016 F150. No issues with leaking.
Is it leaking all over or just one place? Your distributer/installer would be the first place I go and resolve the issue.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its leaking under the rims of both the windoors and drop down slider. almost like the seal isn't complete. I talked to the dealer and he said he would take a look at it but couldn't promise anything. I sent a PM to the factory and was told to keep them posted about the dealer. The tech said that they should be able to adjust the closers to make the seal tighter. Going to take it in next week and will keep you guys posted. Thanks for the info!!!!

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
You can adjust the latching handles tighter on the windoors. One of mine was too tight, hard to turn, loosened it and fine now, don't leak. Easy to do

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
That can happen with any brand. I have a Leer that I've had back to the factory outlet 3 times to fix leaking issues. It still leaks in the exact same place today

·
Registered
355 Posts
I have had 3 or 4 ARE caps, their quality has gone down hill to the point I will not buy another one. bought a Century for my son's truck and it is much better quality and doesn't leak like mine.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Just put a Leer on my F150, so far so good!!! 3rd one i have had over the years, always Leer and never had any issues....................

1 - 11 of 11 Posts