The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These grew on the edge of the woods. I have never seen them before but I normally weed Wacker the edge of the woods around my yard. Are they blackberries? They look like it to me but I have no idea about stuff like this. Just wondering if I should try and eat them. If they are, is there anything I could do to move them to a better spot later on? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Good to eat,I call them trip vine type of blackberries,because I always trip on them.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Look mighty tasty to me. Don't know about transplanting them but I wouldn't be hitting them with the string trimmer

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
They're horrible, don't eat them. Pick all the black ones, then call me. I'll come take them so you don't get sick.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha thanks. They definitely looked like them to me but what do I know? Haha.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Seems early for berries. Oh well. Look good.

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
Dewberries. Not blackberries, or black raspberries. Plenty safe to eat

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Dew berries is my guess. How tall are they? Black berries are not nowhere near ripe in our area and they should be 4 to 5 feet tall when they have berries. I don't even think I have seen any black berries with blossoms on them yet. My yellow raspberry is just beginning to show buds.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
We always called them dew berries they are good also. Dew berries don't get very tall and are close to the ground. Black raspberries can get quite tall like Sqrlhntr said. Been a while since I ate any but if I recall they aren't as "raspy" as black raspberries but still quite good and sweet.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Black raspberries.

Notice the frosty, light green canes. Also the thick, rounded berry pedestals in the last pic where the two berries are missing.

Black raspberries.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
all close the ground,right,dew berries.Remember in a year with a lot of rain plants don't always look "normal"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts