The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought a CountyLine 25 gallon sprayer from Tractor Supply a few years ago and have used it roughly 6x. It has been stored indoors the entire time. Went to use it last night and the wheel weld busted completely off in the middle of a field, full of herbicide. From the moment I put it together, I thought about how cheaply the thing was made, but what isn't anymore? I went out to the Tractor Supply website last night and 65% of the reviews were 1 or 2 star with people experiencing the same types of problems. It drives me crazy that we pay good money for things like this, only to have them fall apart in no time. Anyway, is there a company that actually makes a quality pull behind sprayer that will hold up over time? I'd definitely be willing to spend more money, especially if it was American made.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I mounted mine on a small trailer I got at a garage sale. I swear they build them with no thought to the weight of water. They also must feel everyone has flat ground with no bumps. Next one will just fit in my utv bed. I will make a spray bar for it.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Yeah, mine is a POS too..haha. I have an older 3 pt. Fimco from TSC. It barely functions and barely has enough pressure. I had to replace all kinds of parts. Plastic fittings with brass fittings, new hoses, new clamps, new pump. I have to clean the filter with just about every tank. Not good quality at all.

I have had my eye on a CropCare 3pt. sprayer for a while. I looked at them during Ag Progress days and they are excellent quality. But for the small amount of plots I do, I cant justify the price just yet.

Here is the link for CropCare pull behind and similar sprayers:

http://cropcareequipment.com/lawn_sprayers/atx-sprayers.php

Made in PA

1 - 3 of 3 Posts