The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm certain this has been covered but I can't find it...

I am archery hunting for deer in a WMU where fall turkey is open. I wear my FO hat as required. A turkey comes by my tree stand or blind, I cannot shoot it because I don't have the required orange. Is this correct?

If instead I wear an orange vest, but sit on it while waiting for a deer to show up, I would need to put the vest on before shooting at a turkey. Correct?

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
um for fall turkey you dont need to have orange on while sitting, so if your in your stand you dont need any orange except your hat hanging on your stand or tree.

·
Banned
4,988 Posts
What are you going to do when you start walking out with your turkey? You have only the hat and no vest as required for turkey hunting.

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
ICAREDOYOU said:
What are you going to do when you start walking out with your turkey? You have only the hat and no vest as required for turkey hunting.
Keep a Folded up Vest on you just in case something like that Arises!

I always have the FO in the Truck, Hat and Vest, when out checking traps... If I go into check the traps and the limb rats are running around pretty good, I'll walk back to the truck, Grab the vest and hat and head back into finish checking traps and shoot some limb rats while I'm at it!

1 can always just fold up an extra vest and keep it in a camo clothes pocket....just in case...just saying!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts