The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to get good hunting clothes for archery. Im not sure what to get or what brand to buy. I sweat easily so i was thinking about the moisture wicking clothing. I hunt SE Pa and archery has been fairly warm lately. I would appreciate your help. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I like Cabelas Microtex and Microtex Lite. It dries quickly, sheds burrs well and is very quiet.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I like my ScentLok gear. Say what you want about whether or not it's really effective at reducing human odor. Regardless, it's very high quality clothing. I've been wearing mine for years.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
WexfordBowhunter said:
I like my ScentLok gear. Say what you want about whether or not it's really effective at reducing human odor. Regardless, it's very high quality clothing. I've been wearing mine for years.
Same here. I started buying my scentlok gear 6 years ago and its still in great shape and very comfortable. I have multiple sets of savanna, full season, and timber fleece. As with anything though, you have to take care of it. I have not had as good of luck with scent blocker gear though. Seems to wear rather quickly and just doesnt hold up as well.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I'd spend the money and order a custom fitted outfit from grey wolf woolens. Fits perfect, quiet, and durable.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Since archery runs from the 70 degree October days to the 15 degree November mornings, and from full foliage to no foliage, one set of archery clothes may not work, especially if you go real light for Sept/October. I like the leafy wear for the early season. For late season, I want something warm with no bulk, or if it's too cold, my heater body suit. You guys in southern PA have leaves most of the fall. Up here in Tioga county, our trees could be bare by Halloween. What ever you get, practice with it on you. Clothing makes a difference in shot execution and point of impact.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
GRock said:
I'd spend the money and order a custom fitted outfit from grey wolf woolens. Fits perfect, quiet, and durable.
ding ding ding

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I use the same cheap camo for the last 10 years. 1 set of leafy wear obsession and one set leafy fall. Cheap and light weight. Moisture wicking layer against the skin then a set of lightweight base layers and and heavier hydro fleece layer for the colder days.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I wear Army/Navy store surplus camo as an outer layer for pants and shirt/jacket. It lasts forever and the patterns seem to work with every season. The weather determines base layer and any mid layer. Fleece is a great mid layer when it is cold.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts