The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate when hunting season is over. All I think about is whitetail bow hunting 365 days a year. I am reading Lee and Tiffany Lakosky's book now and am about done with it. What are some of the better bowhunting books out there that everybody enjoyed reading? Gonna get another one after I am done with this one and was hoping I could get a couple names of a few other good books. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
It reminded me to check what was on the internet and You Tube concerning Kyudo, the Japanese way of the bow.
It's a practice more into concentration and calmness, rather than just continuously searching for a new and better product to use in archery.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I just finished Real World Whitetail Behavior by Jim Roy. My FIL gave it to my for my birthday. Really got me thinking about my approach in general. It was a great and quick read, couldn't put it down!

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
If you're looking for a hunting strategy centered book, I haven't found a better one than Mark and Terry Drurys book on hunting mature white tails called Giant Whitetails: Lessons of a Lifetime. It's hardcover and very expensive but its a beautiful book and a nice piece to add to a collection. They reveal some pretty intimate secrets and strategies when it comes to hunting Whitetails. I reference it quite often during the season, and when writing.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just ordered it from Amazon. Love Mark and Terry Drury. They are the best in the buisness. Can't wait to read it. Thank you.

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
Awesome. It truly is as good as it gets. I've probably read it ten times, and my journals over the last ten years very closely follow their findings. They address some controversial issues like moon phases and the rut, and everything they've written about is pretty spot on with my findings. While I've killed my share of mature bucks, it's nowhere near what they've accomplished, but I do keep track of everything hoping to write my own book one day.

·
Registered
5,652 Posts
One book that is good reading that deals with shooting form, shooting with back tension, and improving your shooting is Core Archery by Larry Wise.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I've read two of John & Chris Eberhart's books,
"Bowhunting Pressured Whitetails" and " Precision
Bowhunting", that I thought were really good.
I also thought " Mapping Trophy Whitetails"
was informative, good if you use topos.

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Read Greg Millers- hunting big woods bucks--now getting into my autographed edition of Byron Fergusons book.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts