The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to do an archery black bear hunt and would like to get some info. from people that have been there. Here are my questions.

USA or Canada?
How much total? I am not looking for a 5 star. I just need a bed and food.
What to expect on the hunt.
Any outfitters that you would recommend.

Thanks for any info. you can provide

·
Registered
132 Posts
Try Grindstone Lodge, Grindstone Maine. The owners are Brian and Marlene Badger (his cell is 717-319-2181). They have a baited guided hunt like many other outfitters but they also have a "do-it-yourself" hunt for less money. It's proactive; you bait the stand yourself. An excellent hunting camp with good smallmouth fishing literally within walking distance of camp on the Penobscot River. Bring a boat or use theirs. Good Luck!

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
I have hunted with Turnpike Ridge outfitters out of Ashland, Maine three times. 3 for 3 400, 250, and 225 Of course with my luck with them I would strongly recommend them. Don Helstrom has been in the business for a half of a century! That speaks for itself in the outfitting industry. Check out his website www.turnpikeridgeoutfitters.com. Expect to get addicted to hunting bears once you start! Best of luck in your search! His spring hunts in Quebec run $1500 and fall in Maine $1530.00!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts