The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some info from you guys the hunters. A friend of mine has an archery store and has just recently re-arranged some things and now has lots of floor space available. When you walk into an archery shop, what do you guys like to see. Are there certain things you look for, what order or specific items besides your typical gear(bows, broadheads, etc..)? Also, being an archery store as the main business, if there was other products that pertained to hunting or fishing what do you look for. I know everyone has their own thoughts but we consider everyones idea as valuable as the next.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
See if he can get local companies from PA, especially fishing lures (trout). That will give him a niche over Walmart and Dicks.

Make sure he has a range whether it be inside or outside so people can test out a bow or equipment.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
he has a video shoot already and is looking at getting a large target to shoot test bows or recently purchased bows after paper tuning them. Thanks, do you know the names of the any local companies?

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
There is a guy in Palmerton, P Cola lures, and I know of a couple others, just can't think of their names.

·
Registered
894 Posts
league business will help bridge the gap in dec through march till fishing picks up live bait that you can't get at wal mart like minnows and shiners help a indoor 3-4 is popular and novelty shoots are big draws. The key is to keep traffic up till the new bows roll out

·
Registered
282 Posts
definite plus to have a practice range available to the general public. organization and a knowlegable staff experienced in hunting and 3d shoots. my personal "put off" is being made to feel "not worthy" to be there if i don't have the newest or best equipment... alot of shops try to push new product and forget those who can't afford it...
I agree "minoring" in light/local fishing & creating leagues as well...

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for these tips. Some of them are already in place and for some of the others we are pursuing but slowly so he doesnt put ou tmoney for product and just sit on it forever. Ex. live bait and along those lines. Keep them coming I appreciate them all.

·
Registered
366 Posts
as to add to the minny keeping idea
go to a small local fish store and purchase a used ten gallon tank ($5-$10) a small air pump and two foot of tubing ($20) gold fish food or bread ($3) maybe some gravel ($5) and its pretty self expalnatory thats a good way to keep minnys... aquariaums are my hobby xD also good things to offer would be just crap and useful clever knick nacks also he could host turkeys shoots but with bows or start a league also selling flies might be good

1 - 11 of 11 Posts