The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
14,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my son a Bushmaster M4 Patrolman complete upper. He is pretty stoked about that. He will pick out a Lower.
I have the Colt LE6920 ,,I put a fixed A1 stock on it and ordered a 7" triangle mini handguard . Also ordered a three prong flash compressor, going old school.
What are you guys up to with the ARS?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
If you are plinking with it maybe a scope and not too much more. If you are keeping as home protection get a pressure pad light and a red dot.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I really like magpul grips and stocks. I also use all magpul mags. I also put a forward handle on all of mine where it's legal. I also use 1x red dots. I've always hated the open sights on ARs.

I really like my AR pistol in 300blackout. Its a fun plinking round.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I also polish all of my triggers. It definitely makes a difference.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
This fall I finished putting one together for my daughter and used magpul furniture dipped in muddygirl camo. Yesterday I ordered all the parts to compete a pistol lower and a sig brace. These things sure are fun to piece together!

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
My xmas present to me was a used Mossy MMR hunter. This is my first AR. The reports online weren't wrong about the trigger being horrid. Need to do something about that. Other than that I don't plan on doing much to it... For now.

Now I just have to wait for my ammo to show up. Couldn't find anyone that had reasonable ammo, other than a few boxes for $7. Ordered 500 rounds when I got home. That should be a decent start.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
TRAPJAW said:
My xmas present to me was a used Mossy MMR hunter. This is my first AR. The reports online weren't wrong about the trigger being horrid. Need to do something about that. Other than that I don't plan on doing much to it... For now.
You can always polish it. I have stock PSA triggers in my AR's that I build and I polish them. Theres a bunch of youtube videos on how to do it. Basically keep the flat surfaces flat. I use 1000 then 2000 grit sandpaper for just a touch to ensure a flat surface and take away machine marks. I do this on my granite slab that I use to sharpen my woodworking stuff. The granite is a great way to true a surface. Then just polish it with a dremel.

Like I said, the biggest thing is to keep flat edges flat and edges sharp.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I have been into building AR pistols. Built a .223/5.56 lower from a box of parts from PSA and a complete upper from Hardened arms. Just built a 300 blackout pistol with a hardened arms upper and a complete lower from PSA. Haven't shot the 300 yet. The .223 is fun!!!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I like the .300 blackout alot because I can cast bullets for it, so my reloading costs on it are super cheap. I cut and form the brass myself.

I cast the bullets and PC them. I mainly shoot the a 230gr subsonic round cast from the Lee .300 BLKOUT mold over 12.2grs of IMR-4198.

Since I capture and re-melt my bullets I don't factor the lead into a cost but powder for each round is about .03 cents and same with a small rifle primer.

So I can make a .300 blkout round for right around .06 cents. Thats cheaper and way more fun than .22lr in my book.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts