The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys- I picked up an AR15 w/flat top rail. Put on aftermarket flip up front/rear sights- I just grabbed from what the store had available.

Rear sight is a peep, front a post. Rear sight is adjustable for windage, front sight is fixed.

Problem- at 50 yards it shoots about 10 inches low. It appears I can't fix this as neither the front or rear sights are adjustable or elevation.

Question- Can anyone recommend a good set of rail-mounted front/rear sight combo for an AR? It has to be elevation adjustable.

Thanks!

BH

·
Registered
949 Posts
I would take another look at your front sight. If I remember correctly, elevation adjustments are made on the front sight post. There should be a pin or detent that needs to be pushed down to spin the front sight post to obtain elevation adjustments. If you are shooting low you should lower the front sight post to bring point of impact up. That's the way I remember it on the standard M-16A1, it may be the same for flip-up aftermarkets.

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
Front sight should be adjustable. Send us a pic, what type of AR will help. May be no need to go shopping.

·
Registered
666 Posts
The ar's that I've messed with have all had adjustable front sights, wether or not they were fixed or flip up, factory or aftermarket. Usually by pushing a small pin down to clear a detent in the post, which will then thread up or down. Down in your case.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts