The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I prefer a clean gun. Only way mine will see a light is if made legal for varmints. Then it will get a kill light mounted during hunting season. Never saw the point of turning a good defense firearm into a 15 pound log.

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Aimpoint T-1 and Streamlight TLR-1s on my 5.56 and a Primary Arms Micro and a Streamlight TLR-1s on my 15-22.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I have a Streamlight/Insight Technologies M6X light/laser on mine. Love it. X2 on a light being a great thing for home defense.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I prefer the Aimpoint just because its what I had on my M4 in Iraq so its what I'm used too, and those sights are tanks, you really gotta try to break them.

I have 2 surefires, currently I'm using the one with the built in handle. They're pretty epic lights, won't break and are super bright.

I don't have a laser on any of my guns because I only ever used them for targeting purposes or for ROE/EOF stuff, no real value for me in defensive/fun purposes so I don't use one.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I prefer the surefire G2L in a gear sector offset mount for mine.

I've tried streamlights and a few other medium quality rail mounted lights on my ARs, and i just prefer the ergonomics of the offset mounted surefire.

I've tried the laser from a streamlight tlr2 on one, and just didn't like it or find much of a practical use for it. I find target acquisition through an eotech is much easier than using the laser.

The only use I have for a laser is for very limited self defense purposes on a handgun. I find them more gimmicky than anything. If I were in combat and had a need to paint or identify targets, then I might find some use for it, and would go for one of the Laser Devices dbals.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts