The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought semi auto rifle was small game only, but noticed some pics online yesterday from ooening day where the hunter had a suppressed AR. Did I misread something?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not starting argument just asking. The person stated Pa opener and showed his location of Pa. Buddy looked at his page and IMO super sketchy. Lots of pics of deer this year and even some saying roadkills that "just happened " free meat. The converting a semi to a manual action isnt a discussion i want to have here or in the field with a WCO that sees an AR platform in my hand. Im fine with a bolt gun, im confident in my 1 well placed shot. Again I was just curious due to the pics I saw.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Not starting argument just asking. The person stated Pa opener and showed his location of Pa. Buddy looked at his page and IMO super sketchy. Lots of pics of deer this year and even some saying roadkills that "just happened " free meat. The converting a semi to a manual action isnt a discussion i want to have here or in the field with a WCO that sees an AR platform in my hand. Im fine with a bolt gun, im confident in my 1 well placed shot. Again I was just curious due to the pics I saw.
Would need to see this picture to know for certain, but there are plenty of straight-pull and bolt action AR uppers (for both the AR15 and AR10 platforms) on the market.
Any could accept a suppressor, some come integrally suppressed.

On the bold/underlined part:
This comment belies a bit of bias and assertion.
Are you implying that those who would use a semi-auto need more than 1 shot, lack "confidence" or otherwise are lacking marksmanship?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Would need to see this picture to know for certain, but there are plenty of straight-pull and bolt action AR uppers (for both the AR15 and AR10 platforms) on the market.
Any could accept a suppressor, some come integrally suppressed.

On the bold/underlined part:
This comment belies a bit of bias and assertion.
Are you implying that those who would use a semi-auto need more than 1 shot, lack "confidence" or otherwise are lacking marksmanship?
No not bias at all. I hunt in Ga with my AR10 and love it. I would use it here if I could also as another option. Do I need it no but would i like to have the option absolutely. I hear guys cranking rounds out of their 760s at running deer just as fast as my ar10 lol. I will try and get him to send me the pic but I am 100% certain it is not a bolt or chasis gun.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts