The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
LOL!!! See!!! Whisker biscuit rests are better!!! Something of that magnitude needs a accurate rest!

No, seriously. That is a bad looking crossbow!!! Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the woods!!! You crossbow haters are going to have a field day with this bad boy!!!

·
Registered
21,540 Posts
I don't hate crossbows and have really changed my opinion on full exclusion.It really doesn't bother me at all anymore.However,I do think limitations need to be placed on ALL archery equiptment.The AR15 does look like a cool weapon but it has no business in our early archery season.At this point,the price will keep them out of the hands of most people and their impact would be small.Unfortunately,as technology progresses,weapons like this will be more and more affordable and available.A weapon that can effectively and consistantly take deer at 70+ yards HAS A MUCH GREATER CHANCE OF EFFECTING THE RESOURCE AND SEASON.

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
This is true...On the other hand, take a a poll and see how many actually buy these things...About as many as would buy a 458 Winchester for the purpose of deer hunting...Few , few crossbow hunters are interested in this kind of firepower, favoring the more mid-line types of crossbows...case in point, Barnett makes a 375 FPS model which is very affordable..Checking out the crossbow threads you will find that few, if any, crossbow hunters use them, favoring the more mid-power Parker and Ten-Point bows, which actually cost more than the Barnett...Excaliburs( which are even less powerful)seem to dominate the market as well.

·
Registered
21,540 Posts
I disagree completly.I know loads of guys that have to get a new bow every year.They spend 750-900 dollars doing that.

Few people have the Barnetts because they have very poor reviews.

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
Not turning this into a debate...Some guys DO buy new bows every year...Some buy new cars too...Some folks buy new homes....Most can't.

·
Registered
615 Posts
TAC 10 1350.00 + scope+AR 15 lower 800-1000+180 dozen bolt............ TAC 101 1699.00+180 dozen bolts+scope..................TAC 15i 1699+scope+AR 15 lower 800-1000+scope +180 dozen bolts...........= 3 good rifles or 3 good croosbows or 3 mathews bows all + arrows and broadheads and bullets to possibly shoot a deer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! forgot the3 slug guns +slugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol lol lol

·
Registered
19,986 Posts
treed74 said:
Why isn;t this thread in the crossbow forum?
The exact same post was made in the X-bow forum a few weeks ago. Not sure why it had to be re-posted here?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts