·
Registered
25,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
25,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This IS the year, Perry. Hope you (and hundreds of others) can make it?

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Denny- what is the difference between this rally and the one next week called the Responsible Citizen rally(or something like that?)

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
I doubt you'll see a very large crowd at this event. Gun owners are mostly conservatives, and nmost conservatives WORK on Wednesdays!! Only Libs can have big protest meetings in the middle of the week.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
John,

I have vacation days and I think it is about time to show my support (publicallY)for the second amendment!

Now I just have to decide on the Jan. or April rally!

·
Registered
25,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Last week's rally was organized to counter the Cease Fire PA gathering that same afternoon.

Despite the cold and windy conditions, about 250 showed up out on the Capitol steps to support the Second Amendment.

The media said "about a hundred". I also stuck around for the Cease Fire gathering in the East Wing Rotunda later that day, nice and warm in there. The media reported their attendance as "several hundred".

Even if they counted the dozens of gun supporters that stayed for that one (signs displayed), there still wouldn't have been ONE hundred people there.

Last year's annual Second Amendment rally only attracted a few hundred, as there weren't many pressing gun issues last May and I suspect that, along with peaking gas prices, affected last year's turnout.

I do not expect a "lack of gun issues" to be a factor at this year's annual Second Amendment rally?

AS for weekday turnouts, I still recall the one in the latter 90s that attracted well over 2000 people.

It's time to get back to those kinds of numbers again. Just in case some haven't been paying attention to how busy the antis have been this winter and think it's up to everyone else to take a stand?

If you care, please show up and be counted among those that are concerned.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Rutnut tell your mother happy bithday from me. The 23 is mine to. So I will miss this for sure. The wife would be (mad) if I didn't stay home .She likes to eat out and that is one of the few times I will go.

·
Registered
25,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes. Feb. 8 At 10 AM, on the state Capitol steps in Harrisburg.

There is also a rally being planned for May, in DC, I believe on May 25?

·
Registered
25,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Some bring guns, I don't. Know that entering the Capitol with a firearm means extra time in line to check it and in my experience, those behind you will not all be amused by the delay.

So if this year's event is inside, be prepared to spend extra time getting in. If it's out on the steps, no problem.

A few years ago the line was down along the driveway a ways and people in line were getting itchy, because a dozen or so folks at the front of line all had handguns to check at the entrance.

IIRC, last year they wouldn't let anyone in the main (Third St.) entrance with a firearm to be checked. All those so heeled, had to go around and come in the East Wing side.

It's a long walk around that building. There may be some info on which entrance can be used this year, if armed?

·
Registered
470 Posts
thanks Denny for the heads up on all. Its the week before turkey season, so should be a good turnout, guys cant use hunting as a reason not to come. Only the REASON TO COME !! I'll try to get a car load up from Chambersburg, thanks again, Lonnie

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
trapperman said:
... Wonder if the gov. will break out the dogs and water-cannons?
I'm more concerned that Obama may order a drone strike via his CIA counterparts ! ! !

1 - 20 of 41 Posts