The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
i'm in for Maine and NH already.Long shots for sure but someone has to draw.Be putting in for Vermont soon

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
I will just be applying for a bonus point in Maine because this happened last year.....

I will be sending again for NH and VT, this will make 9 years each for there!

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Shhh, the less people that put in the better my odds!

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Did you just start in the north and work your way down? What area did you draw a permit for?

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
I started with zone 4, and that is what I drew. 4,5,1,2,3 are good zones, then 8,9,10 is how I put mine down. Also I only put in for the September and October hunts, Bull only. November is a hard hunt and mostly only cows I think, not interested in a cow. I know some people who drew November hunts and couldn't even find a moose!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
How many blocks did you buy to draw??Thats the problem with Maine now is a 1st year guy can buy unlimited chances.I use to buy 2 blocks but only one this year.Tired of giving away the money.I only have 5 years into all the NE states for moose so I'll be waiting awhile yet I think

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I have heard in the past that it takes "on average" 100pts to draw. But that being said, a very good friend of mine draw his #1 choice the very first year he applied. And I know guys that have been applying for many years with no luck.

I buy a block of 10 each year. I think this will be my 5th or 6th year. Someday.....

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I know guys who spend hundreds a year on multiple blocks of ten a year and have yet to draw. I buy a block a year. If I draw I will be beside myself but I am saving for mountain lion(archery) and grizzly or kodiak bear(archery).

·
Registered
111 Posts
I tried for almost 10 years for the Maine draw with no luck. So I booked a hunt this year to Newfoundland. Now I have an either sex Moose tag for Ocotber.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts