The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to get a recipe for a really good tasting alcoholic drink called apple pie. A buddy gave me some the other day....it tasted just like apple pie....you could not tell it was alcoholic

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
Here is how we do it:

* 1 qt. Everclear
* 1 gal. Apple Juice
* 1 gal. Cider, apple
* 7 sticks Cinnamon Stick
* 800 g (4 Cups) Sugar

·
Registered
13,867 Posts
keystoneMAN 85 said:
Here is how we do it:

* 1 qt. Everclear
* 1 gal. Apple Juice
* 1 gal. Cider, apple
* 800 g (4 Cups) Sugar
WOW! It's been a while since I have taken part in that one....or at least what I can recall of it anyhow...

Ice fishing trip to Lake Como, it was Friday, February 26, 1993. (I remember this day for a good reason), anyhooo....after consuming the "apple pie" for about a good 3-4 hrs, my buddy Smudge was yellin about my tip ups, and pushed me off a 5 gallon bucket, I then realized I was partially paralyzed from the waist down....I tried to stand up but it just was not going to happen...at 1800 hrs I was placed on the sled and taken back to the cabin.....Where I ended up being pushed off the deck into a snow drift up to my chest!

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
PADingo said:
keystoneMAN 85 said:
Here is how we do it:

* 1 qt. Everclear
* 1 gal. Apple Juice
* 1 gal. Cider, apple
* 800 g (4 Cups) Sugar
WOW! It's been a while since I have taken part in that one....or at least what I can recall of it anyhow...

Ice fishing trip to Lake Como, it was Friday, February 26, 1993. (I remember this day for a good reason), anyhooo....after consuming the "apple pie" for about a good 3-4 hrs, my buddy Smudge was yellin about my tip ups, and pushed me off a 5 gallon bucket, I then realized I was partially paralyzed from the waist down....I tried to stand up but it just was not going to happen...at 1800 hrs I was placed on the sled and taken back to the cabin.....Where I ended up being pushed off the deck into a snow drift up to my chest!
LOL ... classic.

I live about an hour from MD so making a trip down for some Everclear is pretty easy!

·
Registered
25 Posts
man i tell you what that used to be our drink of choice in my days at clarion university! we would make 3-4 batches at once and can it. nothin like gettin a mason jar off the shelf and sippin on some apple pie. i may be making a trip to wv soon haha

·
Registered
561 Posts
Try a glass of Squirt over ice then pour apple schnopps in it. Tastes just like Jolly Rancher green apple candy! Put the schnopps in last as it will sink to the bottom. If you do it first it won't mix well.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I heard there is a way to make it without adding everclear, vodka, etc. Whats that recipe

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
I am enjoying this thread, but it is a stretch to be in the game recipe forum.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I make my hard mulled apple cider from scratch.
Mull a gallon of fresh apple cider(this will set the pectin,so it will not clear),let it cool,start a teaspoon of brewers yeast in a starter bowl(use a little of the mulled cider for this),add however much sugar you want(I use a cup),put in a tsp of yeast energizer,then add the yeast.
Put on an airlock and let it go untill the bubbling stops(about a week or so).
Rack into a clean jug,add some wine conditioner and a campden tab(crushed)this will kill any suspened yeast,put the airlock back on and let it sit anouther 10 days.
Rack it into anouther clean jug.
Mull about 2 quarts of apple juice(not cider this time,if you use cider this time it will turn into vinagar.
Add the mulled juice to the finished hard cider,tasting as you go(this will smooth it out).
Bottle it and enjoy!!
If you want a little more apple flavor,add some apple concentrate-straight not mixed.
I have 2 gallons fermenting right now in the kitchen.
Just finished making some regular hard cider,some hard cherry cider,some mead,and some rasberry mead.
If anyone wants more precise steps,let me know.
It is really cool to do it yourself.
You can add some seltzer-water to your glass if you want it sparkling,or skip the step where you kill the suspended yeast and add the concentate to each bottle and let the yeast make it carbonated.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
deerpusher said:
I heard there is a way to make it without adding everclear, vodka, etc. Whats that recipe
Just remove the alcohol from my recipe.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
mmmmmm I love some apple pie. its been a while, but boy has it made some memories. might have to mix up a batch.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WHERE AND HOW DID YOU PURCHASE THE EVERCLEAR. I THINK EVERCLEAR IS ILLEGAL, UNAVAILABE IN PA

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
You guys can get your ladies drunk quick on this . It is great stuff taste just like apple pie

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
Yes we do, we actually let everything except the alcohol sit and simmer on the stove for an hour or two to reduce a bit and mix the suger and sticks - after that we add the alcohol and mix and let sit for a bit before we put into mason jars.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts