The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to my local Agway to get some Purple Top Tunips. They were out, but had Appin Turnips. So, I got some. I've heard of them for sometime, but have never used them. Looking forward to something new. Here is a link to them from Ampac seed company.

http://www.ampacseed.com/appin.htm

Anyone ever try them?

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW, $5.25 per lb. 1-3 lbs per acre they say.

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
I was gonaa try the Appins too, but they were sold out!! I was able to get Purple Top and Seven Top from Cooper Seeds at $3.49/Lb. the only drawback was the $12 shipping

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The seven top would probably be similar to the Appin, I'm guessing.

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
They also had Pasja Hybrid Forage Turnips? Very fast growing, and extremly nutritional. I may still get some more if I can get my buddy to place his order and split the shipping with me.

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welters has a very good reputation in the Mid West, just a long way to ship some seed.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I ordered 50lbs...they paid for half the shipping. My shipping portion came to $12, not to bad to ship a 50lb package from the Mid West.

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
VERY GOOD DEAL!

Let us know how they work for you.

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
huntforfood said:
I ordered 50lbs...they paid for half the shipping. My shipping portion came to $12, not to bad to ship a 50lb package from the Mid West.
How much did you pay for a 50 lb bag?

·
Registered
870 Posts
Dutch said:
How much did you pay for a 50 lb bag?
Paid $3.10 per pound. Not bad...but not exceptional price. I usually purchase seed from a local dealer that sells seeds from a company in Paradise, Pa. Local dealer wouldn't return my calls, so I figured he didn't want the sale.
They sell their brand turnips for $2.90 per pound. Couldn't wait any longer for him to call back...time to plant.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts