The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had some running around to do Saturday afternoon, when we were done our two little ones fell asleep so we decided to take a ride. With a light drizzle coming down I decided to take a ride through the farms to see if any turkeys were out and about....driving down the road she yells "there was a turkey on that guys porch!!" Of course I assume that shes wrong so I turn around just to show her that turkeys wont go on somebodys porch...but as usual..she got to say I told you so

I started doing some clucks just with my mouth to try and get them to gobble because she never heard one gobble in real life but they both just went full strut right on the porch...so I threw some purrs and cuts at them and they both started hammering!! They woke my little guy up in the back seat so I had his window down and he was yelling "turkey..daddy..shoot" Obviously I believe that they are these peoples pets but it was still pretty cool and people from my area will understand when I say...only in Pine Grove would you see something like that lol

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
Had a similar experience about 10 years ago. I was hunting with a friend on his farm and after a few hours we trudged back to the farmhouse having seen or heard nothing. There on the back porch was a huge tom just walking around. What made it even worse was that his black lab was there on the porch asleep. When we got close the turkey just walked away and headed down the driveway. I think he may have flipped us off with a feather too.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I tried for years to get my tree-hugging aunt to let me hunt at her place in York County. She finally relented after a turkey left a present on her "Welcome" mat on the front porch

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess they know a safety zone when they see one...I drove by yesterday again just to see...they were still in the yard lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts