The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for someone to show me the ropes in predator hunting. My 10 year old son is really interested and its something that I have not done before. If you are interested in letting us tag a long during a hunt or two so that we are able to gain experience I would appreciate it. We are in the Lancaster area but are willing to traveling with in reason.Thanks

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
How far are you willing to drive?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im getting desperate,So i might go maybe an hour to hour and a half at most.As long as the person is serious.I had a person tell me and my boy to meet them at a place and they never showed up.So please no games...Thanks

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
If your willing to drive to carlisle i'll take ya out. Do you have a furtakers liscense?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes i have my furtakers...Is there a preference in caliber of rifle. Smallest caliber gun i have is a 243.Im waiting til after christmas goes by to pick up a 22-250 or 223 for predator hunting.Just let me know some dates and see if we can make a day work for us.THanks i do appreciate it.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I use a .223 rem i have everything you just need to show up. Can you make it out through the week? Or do you prefer fri/sat?

·
Banned
152 Posts
06 i bought a rem model 788 .243 cheap 4 years ago, using hornady superformance 58 gr vmax, have shot 41 yotes and a few fox, great load inside 200 yards entry and exit are same, outside that exit opens up a bit.....but thats a great varmint gun, have even taken down a couple yotes at 400+

G

·
'06 I would jump at the chance to hunt with Ben the PPHA President. It is very cool of him to give back and take you out. Be sure to post some pictures of the hunt on the PPHA web-site. Enjoy...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.