The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its that time of year again and I am trying to decide what plot I want to put in this year. Did Buck Wheat last year and it did good but didn't really attract as well as I wanted it too.

Thinking about going with Tecomate Monster Mix. Anyone use this?

My plot is 60yds by 15yds and is in a hollow so it has a decent amount of shade. Think this will work out or are there some better options?

Opinions wanted!

Thanks

·
Registered
855 Posts
I planted it [Monster Mix] and I am happy with it. This will be the third year for the plot and I don't plan on doing anything to it this year except mowing it once or twice. Good mix of clover's and then a chicory plant. I sure get the game camera pictures of deer in the plot so they must like it. Where I planted the stuff it is kind of wet and I was told that one of the clovers in the mix of clovers would not grow too well but with the four or five different clover's I couldn't notice a difference. My plot has a few weeds in it but I did not spray any chemicals or anything to prevent them. Planted the plot in sections because we had to work the ground using a roto-tiller and we would plant one section one weekend and then another section the next weekend. Here are some pictures from the plot:

·
Registered
561 Posts
I have planted two plots of Monster Mix. One lasted 4 years with only fertilizing and liming each year, the other made it 6 years. I overseeded that one with Durana and it is looking good.

I would not hesitate to use it again. Deer seemed to like it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts