The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to see if anyone had any experience positive or negative with redneck taxidermy in Nicholson.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
My brother took a Racoon there. They had it for over a year and it came back looking horrible.Not a natural pose and the stiches on the belly are over 3/4 of an inch long all the way up. $450.00 in the trash. If you want a real good taxidermist give me a pm and I,ll get you his #.Redneck is a training school and the work shows it.

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
I have heard mixed reviews of his work, like treerat sniper
said he has students doing work for him and they are not
good at it yet. I have seen some stuff he has done himself
and it isn't bad but the students stuff is never very good.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been getting mixed reviews as well. I was considering taking a deer to him for a shoulder mount. He says the students do not work on deer.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
I've seen lots of his work and it stinks. There several other forums were the guys are upset with their mounts also. I would recommend you go somewhere else.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
I have seen both good and bad mounts from him. It's a roll of the dice as to what you will get back. He does do alot of business though so I guess he has some happy customers.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the feedback. Seems to be much more negative than positive (here and elsewhere) so I'll stay away from him then.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
POSITIVE: His shop is in a very pretty part of the state.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts