The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
You're not the only one! I love trout fishing and I won't wish the time away but I can't wait til Salmon.

I've been watching lake reports the last few weeks, I have a feeling that there will be an earlier run this year than last year. Similar to 2 years ago. Nothing epic per se but the "wait" will be shorter.

·
Registered
301 Posts
im pumped for salmon this year and I do really hope it will be better then last year because it was terrible everybody said it was the flood that they had up there a few years ago me and some guys from work are going up the first weel of November hopefully to get into some nice salmon and perhaps a few steelies

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Yup,
Looking forward to it.
Got bumped from our Steelie trip due to the river going up to 3000 overnight due to the warm spell that came over the area at the end of winter and never found the time to get back there.
Moved up our trip this year a week so we'll see how that goes.
May have to make some day trips if things heat up.
Those fish will move when they are good and ready.

·
Registered
663 Posts
emphatically yes! Just confirmed dates and plans for this fall. Heading up the last week of September for Kings. Maybe some browns and stealies too.

Talked to a guide friend last week and reports have been good in the lake so far. Hopefully that continues into the run. I think last year was a fluke because of the flood. Anything will be better than last year. Getting pump though!

·
Registered
663 Posts
spoiled for sure.

Fishing the DSR again for half the week. This year they've reduced their passes in half. hoping with half the people, I'll be spoiled a little again. I love that place!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts