The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a bow and was looking at a bunch of them. I am planning on going and shooting a bunch of them here in a few weeks. Just want to get some information on them. Anyone shoot this bow yet? I really like the Bowtech bows especially since they really support the troops overseas (which if you know me is near and dear to my heart). Just wonder what others think of this bow for hunting. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Looked at the Bowtech Destroyer 350, and 340. I hear mixed reviews on the bow. I was going to ask about shooting one until I saw the price tag--about $899.00. I am not willing to shell out that kind of money for ANY new compound. I could, but won't.

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I shot a bunch of them the other day and really like the Mathews Z7, which I ended up buying. It felt and shot very well for me.

·
Registered
520 Posts
i bought a destroyer 350 for $800..... if you shop around you can find a good deal. i enjoyed shooting the z7 and you will get a smooth bow with the solo cam. my personal preference was the bowtech.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I dont think he asked you what u thought of the price!! Just if anybody who shot it.. Tired of people whining about what something costs.

·
Super Moderator
7,917 Posts
I have an 09 Captain...if you go to Archery Talk, you'll hear what a piece of trash my bow is. It's as smooth and quiet as the Admiral, just a couple inches longer. Shoots GREAT. Last in 2008 with my old Golden Eagle, 30 yards was as far as I'd shoot, and even that wasn't easy.

With the bowtech, I can hold the vitals on a 3D deer at 60 yards after one spring/summer of practice with it.

I kinda wish I'd waited a year and been able to consider the Destroyer in the mix with the others, but I'm real pleased with my Captain. If the Destroyer builds on that and goes beyond the quality I got there, you're looking at one heck of a bow.

As far as speed, my Captain chrono'ed 275fps with 402gr arrows at 29" draw and 63#. The Destroyer is supposed to be a bit faster. If you like speed, there you go....

·
Registered
162 Posts
you get what you pay for. i plan on purchasing a new destroyer soon. one hot bow. in forty years of hunting i've shoot a lot of bows and this one is great

·
Registered
707 Posts
An unbiased report. Shot the 350 and the 340. The bow is plenty fast, plenty quiet, and fairly smooth. I did notice a small hitch in the draw but most do with a cam. Personally I thought it was toss up compared with the Maxis (Hoyt) with probably a slight edge going to the Hoyt with draw sequence and quietness. The Destroyer is certainly faster but I never was that big on speed. Draw and comfort is always more important to me.
I still haven't shot the Z7 or the Monster 7 but want to before I make my decision.
There has been a few isolated issues with the flex roller guard with the Destroyer but Bow Tech is saying more or less shooter error over a flaw in their product.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts