The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
Had planned to hunt the late season, then a medical issue sidelined me. Since the bottom dropped out of the thermometer lately, I doubt I'd have gone out anyway. I can't handle extreme cold anymore. The older I get, the less tolerant of the extreme cold I have become.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Late season

Saw 9 doe and 2 bucks that were not legal and we do not kill doe all on privateland this week..I am done cold is too much for not having any fun ..None out hunting at all lots of road hunters ready to shoot out window ...

·
Registered
243 Posts
Had planned to hunt the late season, then a medical issue sidelined me. Since the bottom dropped out of the thermometer lately, I doubt I'd have gone out anyway. I can't handle extreme cold anymore. The older I get, the less tolerant of the extreme cold I have become.

Same here ....By yourself its no fun at -6 degrees I am done..

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I had aschwing and amish on Saturday.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I had aschwing and amish on Saturday.
I had one of them myself yesterday. It was 4° when my buddy and I got to the farm yesterday, and it warmed up to a balmy 14° with wind by the afternoon. We sat for the first hour, then did some small pushes in the morning, which resulted in plenty of sightings and the aforementioned miss. We headed to Michaux for the afternoon and both saw deer, but no shot opportunities.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I hope to get back out this weekend, Good luck JM!

·
Registered
243 Posts
leaving deer alone this week cold is hard on them and me too going out after Buck next wed when it warms up..Seeing a few Bucks on our trail cameras but they are not moving until after dark on publicland in wmu2g ....

·
Registered
169 Posts
Well, it was a last chance to get a buck this year for me. I passed on a few in archery and rifle but I really wanted to get one no matter the size with a flint lock. So when this 5 pt stopped at 5 yards and was able to count the 3 up then it was time to fill my buck tag. This was a great day of drives, we had 7 people for the -5° morning. We had about 15 deer up and 5 shots, but besides this buck we fell victim to the infamous head scratching flinch lock misses.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts