The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im going tonight ot look at a cheap dirt bike. I really onyl want one to practice wheelies on for my sport bike I have. But If i get a dirt bike I would like to use it more than just practice. Anyone ever ridden in either of theses places? They are on the way to my cabin and I've never had a dirtbike to go riding anywhere. Any [email protected]?!?!?

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I hear that trevorton is nice but you need to get a permit to ride. problem is a dirtbike is not liscensed and not insured so no permit. I would say call the reading anthracite company and find out.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I Grew up in the strippings in Trevorton (dirt bikes and ATVs)and live about 2 miles away. You should contact reading anthracite in pottsville You should get a permit (don't know how much it costs ) I ride my Kubota RTV and hunt over there once in a while . I don't have permit but I know alot of the people who lease the land to mine the coal If you have any Questions maybe I can help you find the answers

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I used to take my Jeep out in Trevorton. The area we rode in was shut down last time I was there. My group talked to a security guy and he let us in but I don't know if they'll still do that sort of thing.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I was riding over there, but now I was told that a $100.00 a year permit is what you need. I don't ride there but 2 or 3 times a year. Not worth it to me. LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts