The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone own a Remington Mod. 700 XCR. I am seriously considering it because I like the trynite finish over the stainless steel versus some of the others with bare stainless. Just wanted to see how the finish holds up in extreme conditions ie rain and ice. Looking at purchasing in a 30-06 my favorite and most versatile cartridge.

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
well, I have two of them. One in a black stock in 300 RUM, and one in the RMEF Camo version in 30-06. But I haven't yet had the opportunity to have either of them out in the weather. Last years weather on opening day was crappy,a nd I should have taken the 30-06.....but opening day always, and I mean ALWAYS, finds me with my 270 Rem Pump!!

By the way, you titled the thread XCRii, but the ii is black, not stainless, as far as I can tell.

Both of mine are great shooters. And both topped with Leupold 4.5-14 B&C scopes.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I just got a XCR II in 300 RUM took it to the range 2 times but gotta wait until bear season to take it hunting but so far the finish is still holding up im like you like the black finish over the stainless finish also Remington has a 100.00 rebate goin on now

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
I think he meant he likes the Nitrite finish on top of the stainless, not that he likes the black more than the stainless.

Perhaps I read it wrong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts