The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I am looking for someone on the board that lives near Pittsburgh that has an FFL. Preferably near the south hills, but near Pittsburgh is good. I am looking to buy a gun from an individual in another state and he wants to ship it to an FFL holder thru FedEx and he sais they need a copy of an FFL. So I need an FFL holder that will send their FFL info to an individual so they can ship the gun to you to sell to me. This person has a very good reputation on another site and has sold and bought a lot before. Can anyone on here help me out? Of course I will pay the usual fees associated with this to you. Thank you.

·
Banned
1,455 Posts
I may be wrong, which is not unusual, but I would think a sporting goods store could help you out. Some would probably say no since you didn't buy from them but a local shop might help.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
I'll be surprised if any FFL sends his FFL copy to a non-FFL....that isn't how it works....your seller will probably have to get an FFL to ship the gun to another FFL here....

·
Registered
12,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
winchesterbob said:
I'll be surprised if any FFL sends his FFL copy to a non-FFL....that isn't how it works....your seller will probably have to get an FFL to ship the gun to another FFL here....
Ya, I`m afraid of that as well. He said if my FFL won`t do that, he has to ship USPS and charge me another $25. He must get some sort of a deal thru FedEx or??

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Jack, this clown doesn't know the law....he can't ship to you unless he is a PA resident....I'd insist he gets an FFL in his state to send it to your FFL...

·
Registered
117 Posts
winchesterbob said:
Jack, this clown doesn't know the law....he can't ship to you unless he is a PA resident....I'd insist he gets an FFL in his state to send it to your FFL...
I send my FFL to individuals all the time perfectly legal. He is just trying to protect himself. As long as the one receiving the gun is an FFL the ATF has no problem with it either.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
LSandBinc said:
winchesterbob said:
I send my FFL to individuals all the time perfectly legal. He is just trying to protect himself. As long as the one receiving the gun is an FFL the ATF has no problem with it either.
Understood. Most of the FFLs I know will not send theirs to a non-FFL...This seller (a non-FFL) told the buyer (a non-FFL) he would send directly to him via USPS, something he cannot do unless both are PA residents...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts