The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always wanted to get hold of an older Motorhome(preferably class A) to make into a mobile hunting camp. Something that was mechanically sound but that might need a little outside cleaning and minor interior work to make usable again. Not interested in some rotted, gutted out hulk, but would consider something that may have had slight water damage or the interior was just worn out and needed repairing to make whole again. I looked at an old Pace Arrow near me that was for sale, but the whole rear was rotten so I walked.

If somebody has or knows of someone with an old Winnebago or similar that is selling it cheap. Please, I'd love to know about it. I'm willing to drive a little ways to view it(up to 150 miles), just not going to be driving to say Oklahoma etc, that kind of thing.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
I know someone that has one for sale but not sure age or what ever he has. He just ask me if I wanted one yesterday. Can find out more if you want.

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not a prob. I couldn't afford that cost anyway. I'm looking for something alot less than that, like $2500 or less. I'm seeing some on Craigslist, but man I don't know how people sell things on that site. Every time I inquire, either they never respond back or they respond and then won't make themselves available at the times I can make it over to see them. I know if I had something to sell, I've make myself available to a potential buyer.

·
Registered
117 Posts
There is a place in Mt. Pleasant, Pa. called Huffmans Auto, they sell repoed and slightly damaged campers and motorhomes. They have a website I believe.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Good luck on finding a motorhome in your price range that is "mobile" - by that I mean roadworthy, and can pass the state inspection. I might be wrong, but I doubt you'd be able to find anything like that for under $2,500. I think you'd get a lot more bang for your buck if you were to look for an older travel trailer - and even at that you probably wouldn't get much of one, but could probably find one that was basically solid on the outside - although you might want to put new tires on it, or perhaps new wheel bearings (or at least repacked ones) to get you where you're going safely.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
As a physical damage appraiser that deals with RVs all the time.....Please don't do what you're proposing. There is nothing at all wrong with dreams. Trust me when I say you will end up with a nightmare. I second what MT wrote. Look for an old travel trailer to fix up. You might even want to consider an enclosed cargo trailer you could customize. You do NOT want a class A or C .

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
I know of a 1986 Winnebago 34' 54,000 miles. I think it needs a battery, not sure if anything else. Its located in 17963. I can get you more info if you are interested.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts