The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Anyone here know . . . (Parker Bushwacker)

3K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Hiamovi 
#1 ·
New to xbows, and just used some Cabelas cash on a Bushwacker.

Anyone here know if the head of this screw should seat against the riser? Seems logically like it should, but it is tight (too long to go all the way in and seat against the riser). The bow to stock connection seems to be properly seated and is rigid, but since I'm a near complete ignoramus about these, I don't know what it "should" look like, and the manual and accompanying dvd doesn't make this clear to me.

Please pardon the clutter in the background. If any of you Parker owners can fill me in on what is "normal", that would be great. If not, I'll give Parker a call.

Thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
I don't think that should be like that ng270, have an enforcer which is of similar configuration and it is tightened down flush. I would think once the force of cocking it is there it could be dangerous.

#3 ·
Thanks, that was my thinking. Took it apart again to be sure I'm not missing anything or cross-threading, but when I run the provided screw all the way in to the female end, without the bow on the stock, it stops at the same point.

I'll have to get with Parker tomorrow. Thanks again for the help!

#4 ·
I have held a BushWacker but cannot recall the specifics of that area. I too would think it should be flush. Arrowhead will know and Parker has great customer service and will take care of you.

Let us know what comes of it.

#8 ·
Thanks to all!

Secretary is off today, and I'm manning the phone myself, so I emailed customer service shortly after 8 am. Had a response by 10 am, telling me that the screw I have is too long, and Parker will mail me the correct screw.

So far, so good.

#11 ·
The safety on my tornado started sticking when I was pushing it to the off position, I called, they said they would send me a new trigger assembly as soon as they got the old one. They got it wed at 10 am. We will see how fast they are to ship my new one out.
Stan

#13 ·
The correct screw arrived today (1/4" shorter than the one that came with the bow). Put everything together, and am good to go, but no time to shoot tonight. Spent the evening w/my daughter at her HTE course, and will spend tomorrow there as well.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.