The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To me, one of the best aspects of an out of state trip is the anticipation prior to going. What trips does anyone have planned for this year? Where are you going and what are you hunting?
The wife and I are leaving for South Africa for our fifth safari on July 19th. Staying at Sun city for a couple days and doing some game drives and then doing some hunting. The only thing that I'm going for that I've never gotten is a klipspringer. Also hope to get an eland, a gemsbuck, a bushbuck, a blesbuck, an impala and a warthog.
I am also 50/50 about a bowhunt in Illinois again this fall. See how the cash is..

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
I too enjoy the anticipation. Pending draw my hunting partner and I should be headed to Iowa for 12 Nov. DIY days of bowhunting whitetails. Just got back from a pre scouting trip to Iowa and truly impressed with big buck sign in the areas we scouted. Have 3 stand sites selected that I can hardly wait to climb into. Then headed to IL for the 1st gun season with my inline. Should success arrive early in Iowa I may reach into my rainy day fund to buy an IL archery tag.

·
Registered
12,252 Posts
I am headed to Maine for a DIY Hare hunt in October with 3 or 4 buddies. Can't wait to go.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
It's not this year but fall 2011, me and a couple buddies are going to Maine to hunt black bear over bait, I'm taking my bow and gun, gonna do some trout and salmon fishing while up there as well, this will be the first trip for all of us and we are looking forward to it.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Going back to TripleB Outfitters of ohio this fall to see if I can top my 143P&Y buck from last year... 2nd week of November baby... cannot wait.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Heading to New Foundland in september. I have a caribou and a moose tag (if I can afford both) then out to colorado for elk first week of november

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Heading out to Wyoming early October with a bunch of friends for DIY mule deer/antelope hunt. We've been doing this every year for a few years, pretty reasonably priced trip and if you can't fill your tags, you'd better give up hunting & take up golf, LOL.

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Wyoming for their archery deer opener. Took a great whitetail 6 years ago there, might pursue muleys now, I don't know yet. Leave August 31.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Heading to Iowa I have 2 preference points so i'm positive I'll draw a tag for the zone I want to hunt in. I have the first 3 weeks off of Nov so my plan is to leave PA around the 4th of Nov and hunt IA for the remainder of my vacation I can't wait..

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Back to Illinois, been going out almost every year. Love the hunting out there, whether I come back with one or not...

·
Registered
9,071 Posts
Just the annual South Carolina hunt for me this season. Wanted to go to Kansas too but it didn't work out, maybe next year.

·
Registered
416 Posts
headed to canada to hunt bear next week lots of local archrey hunting looking to book bear out west somewhere probably a pig hunt somewhere too

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
No big game hunts this coming season
Had a great elk hunt last year.

Probably hit the north woods for hare about 3 or 4 times.
Maine,NH,VT

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have become very good friends with the guide who I hunt with in Newfoundland. I went up there during winter one time and hunted hare with him and his dogs. It was one of the funnest hunts I have ever been on. We had to hunt on snowshoes and shot quite a few hares.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Bear in Quebec on June 19 till June 27 Have room for 2 more
Elk in Idaho in September
Hog in Texas between X-mas and New Years
Mountian Lion in Jan- Feb when the call comes in

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
My brother and I and some friends are going on a DIY elk hunt with bows in Colo. He goes every year but I haven't been out for awhile. I've always seen elk but never any shots. Someone usually gets one every other year or two. We camp at around 10,400 elev. and the scenery is unbelievable. New guy went last year with him on his 1st trip out west and he took over 500 pics! Lizard Head Wilderness area nor far from Telluride.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts