The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put in a quote for a Mark VII. Going down Monday or Tuesday to their showroom to check them out further and put my order in. I'm going to have one made in .300 Savage. Been using my old model 99 for a while. Since it was my grandfather's I hate to take it out and expose to the elements, nick the stock and stuff. Gonna save it for nice days only from here on out.
I have a ton of .300 Savage casings and .30 cal bullets. Plus I just like the .300 Savage cartridge. I am confident it will handle anything I do in PA and some of the other places where I hunt.
I'll probably have the only matte finish stainless steel and synthetic stocked .300 Savage in the whole state. My grandfather would probably roll over in his grave if he saw that one.
But does anyone have a Shaw Mark VII that they can tell me anything about? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
I considered having them do the re barrel on my 1903 last year. I gave it one more try and found a 1944 HS barrel at the York show still in the cos and gauze.

From the rather extensive internet search i did, they are great rifles. pricey, but the barrels are used widely in the custom gun community. They look nice as well.

I sort of hesitated due to the button rifling I them. But again, after a rather intense crash course in technology... really no issues. Well there is, but from what I could tell it was a classic Chevy or Ford argument sort of thing.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I work part time in a local gunshop. And we carry and sell Shaw rifles. We have sold 10 - 12 so far. They have all been great shooters. Everything from 22-250 AI to 264 win mags have been sub 1/2" guns. So far no complaints. Pretty tough to get a custom gun of this quality for $1000

1 - 3 of 3 Posts