The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,
I am thinking about one of these for my next purchase. Can anyone gove me good/bad feedback on either of these? THANKS

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Just be aware that these are similar to "1911" type actions where the recommended carrying position is hammer cocked back, and safety "on". Some people are not fond of this type of pistol.

I don't have either, but from reading reviews, the P938 (9mm) seems to be the better of the two.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I have a 238. It is a great shooter.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've owned a few of the ultra compact .380's. IMO the p238 is without doubt the most accurate and comfortable to shoot of the bunch. If 1911 is your style you can't go wrong with this one. It is a little heavier and more expensive than comparable .380's but it comes factory with quality night sights where the others have very mediocre sights at best.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
The 238 is awesome. I'm waiting for a 938 to come in the who "used" so I can get a deal. Great pistols. Sig quality.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Exhaustingly my wife searched, researched & handled a wide variety of pistols ...
380 & 9mm, she ended up buying the P238.... & loves it...he previous gun was a 9mm Lady's S/W...
This p238 shoots very accurately the only problem we encountered was cycling the cheap steel casing ammo...we were sold when we bought it...
Ironically I can't get comfortable with the concept of carrying "cocked & locked"...
It goes against everything I was taught ... She doesn't have as extensive history with firearms so she doesn't share my "phobia"...w/ the recommended carry option of C/L

1 - 8 of 8 Posts