The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<a href="http://republicanherald.com/pa-rifles-big-part-of-artisan-show-1.576971" target="_blank">LEWISBURG - In the mind of John Getz, turnabout is fair play.

If Kentucky can steal the Pennsylvania rifle as its own, then Getz believed there was no reason why Pennsylvania should not have a show celebrating 18th Century folk art similar to the one held in Kentucky. His plan was for a show that would feature all aspects of Colonial folk art and crafts, but the anchor would be Pennsylvania flintlock muzzleloader longrifles.

Finding exhibitors to fill such a show was no problem because, as co-owner with his father Don of the Beavertown-based Getz Barrel Company, he is in contact with hundreds of contemporary rifle builders across the country. Their barrels are favored by both professional and hobby builders and have been used to build many rifles that have appeared in major films, including "The Last of the Mohicans."

This year, the third annual show will be held Friday and Saturday, Feb. 5-6, at the Country Cupboard Restaurant and Best Western Inn in Lewisburg. The show has grown each year. This year's event is expected to showcase more than 100 tables displaying some of the finest contemporary American Folk Art in the country.

"Art and I were talking about some upcoming projects when I mentioned the Kentucky show," Getz said. "That led to our discussion about such a show being held right here in Pennsylvania because, after all, this area produced some of the finest craftsmen in the Colonies
</a>

Full article available by clicking on above text.

·
Registered
12,731 Posts
Where is that at as opposed to Pittsburgh? It seams most of these things are far from Pittsburgh.

·
Banned
900 Posts
182 miles from my place and I'm about 45miles NE of downtown Sixburg.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Yup! Gotta pick up parts for the next rifle build.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
was plannning on coming up for sat, but I guess it will depend on how much snow we get

·
Registered
731 Posts
The show is still on. I am officially hoping the wife and I get snowed in up there tomorrow!!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Admission: $5.00

·
Registered
731 Posts
The show is awesome!! We didnt get that much snow up here, and it is unreal seeing all the goodies here...

·
Registered
332 Posts
Great show, spent 4 hr's there this morning.Everyone real freindly,plenty of info.Great group of people for sure.Will be on my list to do from now on.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts