The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone going out for an afternoon late season hunt in 5B York Saturday? I'm planning on a hunt at my gun club but if anyone's up for a mini push somewhere I'd be down. Deer got a be weirded out over this weather n probably not moving around much...

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
We'll be out most of the day but hunting more of Adams, 5A. But good luck to you. Probably taking the flinter in the morning and then the bow in the evening.

·
Banned
813 Posts

I will be hunting York starting Mon. / Tue. I have some more scouting to do and cams to check on Sunday first. From what my cams are showing me the deer are moving just fine despite the weather. Good Luck!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I stalked a beaded buck to 15 yards... wind was bad and he busted me but didn't get up. he moved just a little deeper and i couldn't get an angle on him. He was setup smart thats for sure. didn't see how many points he had but they sure where bedded down with these temps. Saturdays looking good and if the winds the same i can get setup using the opposite ridge then move in on the daytime thermals and sit deep by the H20 and ferns... wait for him to show his hungry hind. Taking the wife out for her first hunt... all the camo didn't go over very well Christmas morning! Note to self... NEVER wrap camo for the wife! at least not yet... i even get her the cute stuff with pink etc...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts