The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few 2b doe tags left as I haven't had much 2b success this year. Anyone getting any hpa drives together this year and looking for an extra driver??

·
Registered
646 Posts
I'd be interested as well. Only been down there once so obviously dont know the area, but i bought a slug gun off another HPA member this year just to go down there!

So if anything shapes up, please let me know!!! Thanks!

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
I live and hunt in 2B and I am always driving for my other hunter... I drive her to and from daycare, to gymnastics, and a few times I drove her to the butcher and taxidermist.

On a serious note, I would drive deer for others, knowing that I have a 2B doe tag, but would not be shooting. I would like to get out and enjoy the woods alittle more this year and into next year. Would a youth mentor lic. allow someone to drive deer for others? If I go, my daughter would want to go as well.

·
Registered
16,483 Posts
Would a youth mentor lic. allow someone to drive deer for others? If I go, my daughter would want to go as well.
This is no knock on anybody responding to this post, but you may want to reconsider. I'm not sure taking a little gal on a Deer drive with X amount of fellas you haven't met yet would be the wisest of choices. May be one you'd want her to take a seat on the bench for.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've tried to setup a little hunt in the late season before, but its tough to find a place to go unless guys are willing to hunt the wexford gamelands. I have no experience there.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I may put something together. I have knowledge and access to some very good land I just don't to blow itout completely. I'm northern 2B. If you're serious and want to hunt let me know. Day after Xmas and all Saturdays through end of January I will be out.

·
Registered
646 Posts
RTH, I will be contacting you via PM for one of the Saturdays. Safe, responsible, respectful, ethical, legal hunter here just looking to enjoy something different. Thanks!

·
Registered
355 Posts
i still have a doe tag left if anyone is around the monroeville area an wants to get together the day after x-mass or any other day during the week let me know...

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would be interested in a drive with my rifle or crossbow if you need a guy. I still have a doe tag left. Day after Christmas or Saturday would work for me.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well so far all we have is the Wexford gamelands as a hunt option. I may be free this Saturday afternoon if anyone wants to give it a go, weather permitting. I've never hunted it but maybe we can check out the maps n plan some drives.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I won't be hunting 2B until Saturday. I will give a shout out for some to join in. Those looking go to Wexford game lands. Park off Markham Park Rd.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts