The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12,211 Posts
I did. I took my bow out on Monday and then the .54 Blue Mt. flinter on Tuesday and Wednesday. I still need to pull the ball and dump the load. Did not see a single deer, until I got in the truck to go home at about 1900 hours, and then they were all over the place.

·
Administrator
39,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jimsdad said:
I did. I took my bow out on Monday and then the .54 Blue Mt. flinter on Tuesday and Wednesday. I still need to pull the ball and dump the load. Did not see a single deer, until I got in the truck to go home at about 1900 hours, and then they were all over the place.
Go figure huh?

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I got out one morning, and one evening last night, in the past week. Not a deer came by. Was really hoping to take the first doe with the flinter. guess I'll have to wait till rifle season. I love shooting that gun so much it'll be my go-to gun for rifle unless rain or snow is on the way. wish I would have gotten one much sooner. Love getting close for the shot/kill.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Hey neighbor thats one big boy!!! CONGRATS!!!!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thanks everyone for the compliments.The deer was taken in Harford County. The gun is a copy of one made by George Shroyer who was a York County gunmaker in the late 1700 time period. The gun is a combination of a couple of designs that Shroyer made. The patchbox, carvings etc. are all from pictures of guns he made. The gun is 54 Cal. with a 46" long Swamped Getz barrel. I call it the Cross gun because of the three crosses on the Patchbox. It was made by Paul Allison in Gap Pa., this is the first kill with this gun.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Gotta love those Harford County Bucks!! My first buck was taken in Churchville near the College. Nice looking gun---how does she shoot? Don Getz makes great barrels and a darn nice Barn Gun in just a few days!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm shooting .018 pillow ticking with 80 grains of powder and off the bench it will easily cut bullet holes at 25 and 50 yards. My 50 Cal. Dickert has a 38" swamped Getz barrel and shots just as well, I'm very pleased with how both guns shoot.

·
Registered
483 Posts
nice job, its good to see not all ppl have switch over to those stupid inlines

1 - 18 of 18 Posts