The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Nothing on my end yet. I'm going out early tomorrow. I'll keep you all updated.
I was going to go to Greene Co but plans have changed unfortunately. I'll be hunting close to home this week.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Haven't hit anything yet, but I've seen some does and a spike everytime I've been out. Just waiting for a shot. I go every Friday after work and Saturday mornings and evenings. I'm thinking of taking this Friday off and hunting the morning too. We'll see.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Those dang jobs getting in the way of our hunts!
lol I just finished up 3 12's so I'll be out as much as possible this week till Saturday when I go back to the grind.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I know, right! I also have a coworker who doesn't understand that when I say I may take the last week of October, first week of November off. That means schedule your stuff another week. It's just us two and my boss. I was going to wait a little closer to put in my days off requests (to check the weather), but now I might need to put them in just so he can't try and take off for dumb stuff.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
I work every Saturday, Sunday and Monday night from 7-7. So that leaves me Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday n Fridays. I won't complain. I have reserved a Saturday for a bear hunt in November with another member here.
I'm working Wednesday night to open up that Saturday and I'm leaving here on a Friday night. We are so excited about it!

·
Registered
78 Posts
That's not too bad. You get more days than I do.
I'd sure be excited too about a bear hunt. That's great! Definitely, good luck to you and all your going with. Are you staying in Pa or taking a trip?

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
We're staying in PA. I'm going to her house on Friday and then early Saturday we're heading to their camp. I asked hubby and he wasn't sure about it and we finally got all the details hammered out and I'm good to go! I'm so excited about it and a bit nervous!
This is my first bear hunt!!! I bought my bear tag last week.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Ok, ok here's what you do. Go to the zoo. Hang around the bears for awhile. Go to a gunshop or somewhere that has a stuffed one that you can touch and look at. Those will all look innocent enough to trick your mind into thinking they aren't scary. Then you get a big gun to bring in your pocket incase one comes charging at you. Scratch that. Don't think about a bear charging at you. Haha

Forget everything I said. Just relax and have fun. Will you be out alone or have a buddy with you?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't work, but I've been scared to go out alone. I'd have a lot of opportunities, just need to get over it and get out there. Our spots are so close to home too. I have been seeing tons of doe around here. Today i saw 2 doe eating right next to the highway. It was crazy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts