The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically a hollowed out pineapple stuffed with pork and then wrapped in bacon. Then smoked till done. I just read about it and it sounds really good.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Hmmmm... that sounds really really good. We smoked suckling pic injected with pineapple juice, and stuffed with pineapple ... good stuff.

·
Super Moderator
23,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have heard mixed reports on them. Pineapple and bacon go really good together though

·
Registered
25 Posts
TATERDAVID said:
I have heard mixed reports on them. Pineapple and bacon go really good together though
It's true! I had even tried pineapple and shrimp wrapped with bacon and cooked it on a hot pan till the bacon is crisp... it's just as awesome as it looks.

·
Super Moderator
23,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's my favorite snack, I have posted them before. They are awesome.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
I did one last summer. I just put sweet baby rays Hawaiian BBQ sauce on the tenderloin and stuffed it in the pineapple. I should have seared the pork first because the outside got a bit mushy. I'm sure the more experienced guys could come up with something a better but it was still good. We are making 2 this weekend.

·
Super Moderator
23,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No sauce used. We eat them right off the grill.

·
Super Moderator
23,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am gonna have to add them to my camp menu next week. My wife can't eat shrimp so sadly I don't get these as often as I would like.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts