The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a Large Siler lock kit from Track of the Wolf yesterday. A fully assembled lock costs $194.00, the kit was $125.00 plus $8.95 shipping. Looks to be not much more than drilling and tapping some pre punched holes, tempering the frizzen and maybe a little polishing of some of the internals. Comes with instructions. I've taken apart the locks on the guns I have now many times, so shouldn't be that much of an ordeal.

Just wondering if anyone here has done one of these kits before, and how did it turn out? Is there anything I should watch out for?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Seems you understand what you're getting. Just take your time. Make sure to high polish the friction bearing parts for smoother operation. I take locks down to parts when I fix & clean them and polish those parts. I use graphite on my friction parts. Since I break down and clean my locks after shooting, I always examine and care for any problem I may encounter before it festers to something nasty. Many folks that own MLers pretty much only use them for deer hunting and therefore they don't care for them as they require. Their loss, pity.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts