The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Not to hijack the OP, but if anyone has a recommendation somewhere in TX you can take a deer, a turkey and a javelina, I'd appreciate that as well.

·
Registered
340 Posts
hunted there numerous times and can recommend lots, all depends on what you want to pay (how big of deer), deer, turkey, exotics, pigs etc.. got a few good recommendations but need more info you can PM me and I'm sure I'll be able to set you both up.
thx

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Sab,

Almost everything in Texas is under high fence with trophy fees based upon antler score. If you're okay with that then you can't go wrong with the Triple Seven ranch. If you bring your wife she will have spa treatment all day and enjoy the luxury resort. When you get back and post pic's be prepared for all the guys here who say that since it was a measly 20,000 acres under high fence you didn't take a free range fair chase deer. The prices are outrageously high, but most of Texas is. I took a 150 class animal at a similar place in Western PA and the total cost didn't equal the trophy fee alone in Texas.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I have to respectfully disagree. I've deer hunted in Texas a number of times, and I'm sure I will be back; each time I hunted low-fence, free range. There are a lot of low-fence ranches and opportunities available, but you have to dig a little, the high priced, high fence operations are usually at the top of the Google or Bing searches. Many ranches will also let you shoot does, predators, or hogs once you fill your tag.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
In one of my Texas trips I hunted a ranch near Burnet, Texas that was low fence free-range. I took a decent 8 point buck and several hogs, oh and a doe. Back in the early nineties this was. The total hunt back then was under $2,000.00 with no trophy fees on the bucks, but the deer I saw were not nearly as large as the bucks I shot in NJ and PA up until then. But, yes the low fence free range ranches exist, I will concur.

They are still around:

North Morgan Creek

1 - 8 of 8 Posts