The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody working on trapping stuff? Mrs Brownie and I went and got 50 gallon of dry dirt tonite. I took the tiller, ran it through a field, and sifted dirt. I wanted to get it done while the ground is still dry, before this weekend‘s rain. Im gonna pick up wax flake in the next few days.

I salvaged some good treated lumber last week, gonna build some beaver floats. Then move on to cleaning and waxing traps.

I like to get everything wrapped up and done before the first of September. It gets busy then...have to take off honey and extract, finish up the garden and canning, cider making, a Fall trip to the Outer Banks for a week, and this year, squirrel hunting after Sept. 12th.

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
Bigbrownie, sounds like you`re a busy man. looks like you and the Mrs.`s are going to be extremely busy until you get back trapping. Don`t work to hard. Also safe travels and be safe. Can`t wait to hear your and the others trapping stories.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Well to answer your question, now I’m thinking about it🙂 Last season didn’t pan out too well for me, only had sets out for four days before I had to pull them due to unexpected work. Got two greys and three reds in those nights, I find myself looking forward to trapping more and more every year.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
puttering around gathering more wood for beaver floats, 1/2"rebar for drowning bars( 3/8" don't work!), making a list of goodies for either (or both) new york and ohio conventions.i gutted my trapping shed and cleaned/reorganized everything.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
There are very few days when trapping is not on my mind. Planning a permission acquisition trip soon to the vacation line area soon. 7 new doz traps to do a few mods on.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I cleaned, dyed and waxed my traps about a month ago. Did about 60 to 70 gallons of waxed dirt and I've been adding mice to my homemade bait as I catch them. I even removed the expanded metal from my cargo hauler and added diamond plate and got it all ready for season. Only thing left for me is to buy a few lures and I am ready. My buddy just brought me a garbage bag full of sheeps whool this weekend. Smells like success! hahaha😁

1 - 10 of 10 Posts