The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hunted all Night from about 8 pm til 5 am minus drive time and saw a total of about 5 deer and nothing else. Called 7 or 8 differently spots a few new and a few of my honey holes. Nothing seemed to be moving. Couodnt figure it out for the life of me. Hope it turns around tomorrow night. Cant get skunked for this contest. Anyone else have this problem tonight?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I hunted all night Fri in the bad weather, called in 1 yote and missed. Went out yesterday about noon and hunted till 5 and nothing. Are you in the Brokenstaw Hunt?

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I ended up calling a cat in for a friend of mine but no shots. He hung up back in the brush too far.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Just got home from a fantastic hunt. Five sets with five called in.

First set - called in a solo bobcat but was just average in size so I passed it up.

Second set - called in another bobcat. It was bigger and presented a wide open shot but, still not the bobcat that I want so I passed this one up as well. I hope that wasn't amistake lol I am running out of time here.

Third set - Red fox at 76 paces.

Fourth set - grey fox at 111 paces (just about had my wind).

Fifth set - Called in a daylight red fox to ten yards right behind me. I couldn't make such an extreme move without getting busted so that one got away. Very cold at times down to the 2 degree mark. The wind was much better. Other than my call ins I didn't see a single deer. Just a few rabbits.

Kirk McKendree

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Hunting solo (again) I called in three reds on seven sets. Not a great night. Killed one who charged the caller harder than I have ever seen a red do it. Pretty consistent wind switched directions just as the other two showed up...one left immediately and the other hung up just out of my comfort zone for an ethical kill shot. Could have taken him and he would most likely be dead, but just at that point where a tiny bit of error or wind drift would end up with a lost and wounded fox.

I really want to hunt tonight but the better half made dinner plans. Better not leave her as a hunting widow two nights in a row.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im in the woodcock sportsmans one. Hope tonight goes a little differently

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So just got back from hunting again tonight. Things didnt change at all. Started around 8pm and hunted 5 different spots. Nothing but a few deer. I tried every trick in my book and couldn't get anything to bring a predator out. This weekend has really humbled me but at the same time really [censored] me off. I don't know what to do from here. Got skunked in the contest, there's another one next weekend but it seems like my area is completely void of any predators reacting to calling at the moment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts