The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We hunted yesterday till about 11:30 yesterday morning until it started snowing so hard you couldn't see. We only put up one small doe which got a pass, she was tiny! Heard some shooting, nothing close! Anyone do any good?

·
Registered
968 Posts
Heard a bunch of shooting yesterday around 10:00 where I was hunting in Richland area. Seen 3 doe but didnt get any shots. Going back out this afternoon.

·
Registered
255 Posts
saw nothing yesterday but my son and I got 3 today . Try to even the amount of doe we shoot to one and a half doe per buck we kill we got 7 buck so we have 10 doe to kill and those are the first ones we got so have alot of work to do

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hit it hard today and nothing to show...Was a really nice day to be in the woods. Day didn't start on a good note when I almost slid my truck down an enbankment trying to park. Fortunetley I was able to dig up some gravel and get the wheels to gain some traction.
I walked up on what looked to be a yearling doe early in the am. I could've whacked her over and over, but I never slid the saftey off. It was fun to just sit and watch her feeding. Thought that might have been a good omen, but didn't see a deer after that.
I'd venture to guess that I covered a good 4-5 miles. I walked all day long, just looking to catch up with a good sized doe. Didn't cut that many fresh tracks, maybe a dozen or so different sets all day. Most if not all the tracks that I saw were close to the roads and houses.
It it makes and difference, I was hunting the gamelands out in Wexford. I'll be out tommorrow, but probably not out there.
If anyone is looking to hunt tommorrow I am also up for company...
Good luck to those going out.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Hunted there yesterday and saw a ton of does, 4 legal bucks, 3 were shooters, but couldn't get the shot! Also saw 3 small bucks, not legal. I was buck hunting, could've shot does though!

·
Registered
870 Posts
I shot my first deer of the season in Richland on Wednesday right at dark. Big doe that had 2 fawns with her.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts