The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would start a thread the direct opposite of the 20 ga. thread I started. Is anybody planning on using a 10 ga. next spring? If I know I will be doing more sitting than "running and gunning" I may be tempted to carry my Browning BPS Stalker 24" 10 ga. It really mows them longbeards down!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
All I use is an old double barrel 10! A little heavy but effective.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I still use my single shot H&R 10.......since 1980
it reaches out and touches them !!!! LOVE IT !!

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
WildTigerTrout said:
I thought I would start a thread the direct opposite of the 20 ga. thread I started. Is anybody planning on using a 10 ga. next spring? If I know I will be doing more sitting than "running and gunning" I may be tempted to carry my Browning BPS Stalker 24" 10 ga. It really mows them longbeards down!
Great gun, but, a load to carry all day.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Got 2..
I use a H&R single shot 10 gauge. w/36" barrel that's been very good to me.
and
I have also used a double barrel 10 gauge that I refinished but never had a shot at a turkey yet with.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Have a BPS Stalker named Geraldine..... shortened up and tricked out a little.

Used to be my constant companion in the turkey woods. Killed GOBS of birds with it and it throws absolute MONSTER patterns of #6 shot !!! It does get to be a load to carry on long walks over rough terrain. About 10 years ago I set it back and started using a Super X2. But I still get old Geraldine out and take her to the woods sometimes. Killed a dandy longbeard in 2011 with her.

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
Still will be using my Ithica Mag 10. Great gun, deadly long range.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
good ole boy said:
Isn,t the shells haed to find or do most of you all reload?
Not hard to find at all, really. Last Winchester Supremes I bought were from Wally World.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts