The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an old Cuddeback Attack Flash model that took excellent pictures and but it now drains the batteries within 24 hrs without taking a single picture. I called Cuddeback but they no longer repair this model but would give me 30% off any new model purchased from them. To be honest I don't care for any of there newer models as I already have some and the pictures just don't compare in quality to that old Attack Model I had. So besides Cuddeback does anybody have any thoughts on getting the camera repaired before I pitch it in the garbage??

Thanks

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I had a cudde that did that and it straightened out after I upgraded the firmware thru their website. I have 3 different models of cudde's and need to do the update on all of them to see if it helps them too. In all I can't complain about them other than the blurry night pics but I understand all black IR's do that.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I've got an old Cuddeback Attack Flash model that took excellent pictures and but it now drains the batteries within 24 hrs without taking a single picture. I called Cuddeback but they no longer repair this model but would give me 30% off any new model purchased from them. To be honest I don't care for any of there newer models as I already have some and the pictures just don't compare in quality to that old Attack Model I had. So besides Cuddeback does anybody have any thoughts on getting the camera repaired before I pitch it in the garbage??

Thanks
Cold temps drain normal alkaline and nimh batteries. Lithium is much better and does not have this problem. Have you tried lithium batteries.

·
Premium Member
Ravin R9
5,539 Posts
Cold temps drain normal alkaline and nimh batteries. Lithium is much better and does not have this problem. Have you tried lithium batteries.
I don't believe a battery change to Lithium would help if it's draining the Alkaline in 24 hours.
Sometimes I wonder if the MFG's don't want them to last so ya keep on buying them.
They only one I own that I can rave about is a Browning. The Wild G's are a piece of crap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts